Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's time to leave..


As ready as I am to head out to sunny California tomorrow, I can't help but think, I am forgetting to do something.. is it at home?, is it work?, not sure.

I have for the first time ever, only packed what I need and will wear. Normally, I over pack and end up NOT wearing almost half of what I packed in the first place.
Not this year. Nope, This year I decided to do it different and more how it should always have been. Maybe that is why I can't help but think I am missing something..(it's all my security clothes!!!! What am I thinking?!?!?) I keep telling myself, if I forget something, I can buy it there. Besides, it's California, not a foreign country. Right? haha Well, some might beg to differ.

Let's see.. so you know '--/' means "check"

itinerary--/
car rental info--/
money--/
concert tickets--/
clothes for 7 days--/
undergarments--/
only 2 pairs of shoes--/** those who know me are probably gasping!* YES, I am only packing a pair of flip flops and walking shoes.. and I will be wearing my favorite Rocket Dog slip ons onto the plane.. so 3 total. I am pretty impressed myself.
Make-up--/
toiletries--/
jackets--/
pj's--/

As I am typing this, I am pretty sure I have packed all the necessities (Break into the Jungle book Song--- Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities) and even though I have packed light, I can't help but think my suitcase is going to weigh over 50 lbs and they will make me take stuff out.
I have been taking this trip for 5 years now, and you would think by now, I would have this down. Maybe its the age thing bringing on the anxiety or something.

I think I just need to breathe and relax and know that I can buy it there if I forgot it.
ahhhhh.
breathe in, breathe out. ooohhmmmmm...

yeah it helps a bit. I hope it helps alot more.. I want to be stress free and ready to go by tomorrow afternoon.

Most of you already know, I am going to California with Justin, we are doing the annual trip to Coachella. -- a big music and arts festival out in Indio, CA.

They list the set times today.. I know Justin is super duper happy.. its a bit different this year the way they have them listed.. but with all the great bands, I suppose they want to make it where you can see the A-list bands.

see below for the set times

http://www.coachella.com/event/set-times

maybe you can guess where I will be.. I doubt it though.. haha I don't think I even know.

Not sure if I will see or talk to you before I leave.. I am sure you will hear from me at some point or another.. At least if I stay in a scary hotel.. Ronda you will be getting a call from me. hahah

3 comments:

The Gardner's said...

If you forget something, you can buy something even better in California. Hope you guys have fun and don't get attacked by scary ghosts or sickened by scary, winding roads.

-Ronda- said...

I will miss you!

Renee' said...

I'm jealous! Hope you guys have a blast, ha, of course you will! :)