Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cold Shoulder

When most people want to avoid someone, they usually come up with reasons to keep them at bay.
I have done this many of time not to mention received many of times. Most times, I am OK especially when its a mutual explanation.
At this particular instance, I cannot get passed the fact that someone is going out of their way to avoid or brush you off. The crazy thing is, is that they are associates who have a GREAT connection. There was laughter, joking and even reliability on each other and then, it stopped.

It's understandable when the focus shifts from joking around at work to changing your goals and outlooks on the job. However, its hard to understand that the little things you once shared like day to day chit chat and the "Hi, How are you's" are missing. When a person walks into your office and you purposely don't look at them or you pretend to "read" your computer or picks up the phone to "make a call" that IS saying something. I am fully AWARE of what is happening, I see it Loud and Clear.

I want to speak up, I want to confront, I want to make them understand that what they are doing is just mean.

If there is an issue, it should be resolved. If it can't be resolved then at least let a person know.
It's confusing when you can joke with someone one day and then brush them off the next. That is, until you need something that is work related, then you approach them as if they are a stranger you are needing something from.

By approaching them, it would be like beating a dead horse. At this point, there is nothing you can do. You just have to remind myself to not waste energy on someone who is being a jerk.

No comments: